INSPIRING BENEFICIAL CITY LIFE
ENABLING A GENERATION OF SMART CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Empowering community leaders and citizens to take data-driven action:
- Enhancing city operations
- Managing critical assets
- Improving city life
Supporting an unlimited number of high-value uses over a common, single network, webSmartIoT™ for Cities leverages LoRaWAN®, the open protocol long-range, wide-area network, as a part of the end-to-end solution stack.
SMART CITY FRAMEWORK
SMART CITY SECTORS
OATI's Smart City solutions empower innovation in many city sectors for increased safety, security, sustainability and quality of life.
Navigating the Energy Transition toward a sustainable, self-sufficient, and resilient energy supply, for site-specific areas or city wide endeavors, through the inclusion of renewable energy resources, microgrids, load management strategies, and a collaborative relationship with the local energy grid provider.
- Harden critical assets against disaster with resilient local energy
- Achieve sustainability and decarbonization goals with the inclusion of renewable energy
- Promote EV-fleets and leverage Vehicle-to-Grid or Vehicle-to-Building charging for greater energy resiliency
Improving mobility services to promote efficient use of parking facilities and related transportation services, and encourage the adoption of Electric Vehicles (EV) to promote decarbonization.
- Increase ease of locating available parking spaces
- Achieve sustainability goals with reduced CO2 emissions, noise, and other pollutants
- Increase revenue potential for parking facility owners
- Provide accessible EV charging infrastructure to reduce resident and visitor range anxiety
Harnessing the power of data to shape and improve a building’s ecosystem and security.
- Improve the security of a premise by detecting intruders and protecting buildings from extreme heat/cold damage
- Improve service levels by monitoring human presence at service locations to alert public-facing city staff
- Improve situational awareness by managing congestion levels of city facilities such as service areas, auditoriums, as well as educational and athletic facilities
- Proactively know when there are problems with indoor air quality
Enhancing the ability to protect the general public with technologies that provide greater situational awareness and control over key assets to increase emergency responsiveness and enhance public safety measures.
- Monitor vacant buildings for crime and fire prevention
- Enable street lights for public comfort and safety purposes, not just energy efficiency
- Proactively know when there are problems with rising water-levels, malfunctioning fire hydrants, growing crowd levels, gunshot detection, etc.
Achieving more efficient, reliable and secure water services that enhance the ability to be good stewards of a scarce resource.
- Reduce labor and costly truck rolls for meter reading activity
- Enable customers to track their usage on an hourly, daily or monthly basis
- Proactively know when there are problems: excessive flow, inactive account flow, leak detection, no flow and backflow
- Improve favorite and large account management
- Provide for resilient energy supply via microgrids to power critical city services
Protecting and improving the health of people in their communities to promote healthy lifestyles and reduce illness potential.
- Proactive versus routine green space irrigation with real time soil monitoring reduces wasted water and energy
- Proactively know and alert the public when there are problems with: outdoor air and water quality, etc.
- Avoid unhealthy trash bin overflows by monitoring trash bin levels and proactively dispatching crews
- Promote cleaner air with fewer truck rolls and reduced routine trash pickups for bins not needing service
The digital footprint of nearly every megawatt of electricity that is generated and transmitted on the North American Grid runs through OATI Data Centers.
Just as the energy industry has relied upon OATI, so can city leaders who embark upon the transformational journey toward a Smart City.
Today, over 98% of North American energy organizations use OATI solutions, earning OATI the title of the “Most Trusted Name in the Energy Industry.”
OATI Smart City technologies empower innovation for increased safety, security, sustainability, and quality of life.
To learn more about OATI Smart City technologies, and how OATI can help your community achieve its quality of life goals, email SmartCity@oati.net. To obtain an OATI webSmartIoT™ for Cities Data Sheet, please complete this form.